- "Abominable! Can you believe that? Do I look abominable to you? Why can't they call me the Adorable Snowman or... or the Agreeable Snowman, for cryin' out loud? I'm a nice guy."
- —The Abominable Snowman describing himself to Sulley and Mike
The Abombinable Snowman, also known as the Yeti, is a monster who worked at the Monsters, Inc. mailroom until he was banished to the Himalayas. Despite being banished, he likes living in the human world.
In Monsters, Inc., when Sulley and Mike get banished to the wasteland in the Himalayas by Randall and Mr. Waternoose, the Abominable Snowman greets them and makes them feel comfortable in his cave. He also shows himself to be a comedian, such as when he mentions about his friend Bigfoot, who has called himself "King Itchy." When he mentions something about a local village, Sulley, still wanting to help Boo, suddenly demands the Abominable Snowman to tell if there are any children in that village so he will be able to sneak back into the Monster World and save Boo from Randall and Mr. Waternoose. However, the Abominable Snowman warns Sulley never to go out in a blizzard, but he does so anyway.
The Abominable Snowman is last seen carrying more snow cones (after the lemon ones had been used up as a tossing weapon by Mike) when Sulley slides past him on a sled. The Abominable Snowman calls out to Sulley that he has made more snow cones, but Sulley doesn't hear him due to speeding down the hill on his makeshift sled.
At the end of Monsters University, the Abominable Snowman appeared as a Monsters, Inc. employee who introduces Sulley and Mike (then new arrivals) to their jobs as mail sorters. He tells them not to mess with the mail or peek into them because such acts are "punishable by banishment" and Sulley and Mike thank him.
The Abominable Snowman is a monster who worked at Monsters, Inc. until he got banished (presumably by Mr. Waternoose for tampering with mail) to the Himalayas. Despite being banished, he likes living in the human world.
The Abominable Snowman is completely covered in white fur, with grey hands, and dark gray fingernails.
- Disney Infinity (concept art)
- The Abominable Snowman appears during the end credits of Cars as a snowplow when Mack is at the drive-in movie theater.
- He resembles Bumble the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- The fourth quote he says below was taken from an old jingle for Armour hot dogs.
- It is revealed in Monsters University that the Abominable Snowman was actually once a mail sorter at the Monsters, Inc. factory, but was banished to the Himalayas for accidentally messing up his job by tampering with the mail. This is also a homage to his voice actor's role as Cliff Clavin the mailman on Cheers.
- In an M.I. book, Sulley, Mike, Boo, and Celia take the Abominable Snowman back to Monstropolis.
- "Welcome to the Himalayas!"
- —The Abominable Snowman greeting Sulley and Mike
- Abominable Snowman: "Snow cone?"
Abominable Snowman: "No, no, no, don't worry. It's lemon."
- —The Abominable Snowman offers Mike and Sulley some snow cones. Mike initially thought that the snow cones were yellow because they were stained with urine.
- "Aw, poor guy. I understand. It ain't easy being banished. Take my buddy Bigfoot. When he was banished he fashioned an enormous diaper out of poison ivy. Wore it on his head like a tiara. Called himself 'King Itchy.'"
- —The Abominable Snowman, referring to despondent Sulley
- Mike: "Look at the big jerk. He ruined my life, and for what? A stupid kid! Because of you, I am stuck in this frozen wasteland!"
Abominable Snowman: "Wasteland? I think you mean 'Wonderland!' I mean, how about all this fabulous snow, huh? Oh, and wait until you see the local village, cutest thing in the world. I haven't mentioned all the free yak's milk."
Sulley: "Wh... What did you say?"
Abominable Snowman: "Yak's milk. Milking a yak ain't exactly a picnic; but once you pick the hairs out, it's very nutritious."
- —Mike, Sulley, and the Abominable Snowman
- Sulley: "No, no! Something about a village. Where? Are there kids in it?"
Abominable Snowman: "Kids. Sure. Tough kids, sissy kids, kids who climb on rocks..."
- —Sulley asking the Abominable Snowman
- "You wanna go to the village? Okay, rule number one out here: Always... no. Never go out in a blizzard."
- —The Abominable Snowman's warning
- "Oh, would you look at that? We're out of snow cones. Let me... just go outside and make some more."
- —The Abominable Snowman, after Mike uses up all the snow cones
- "Hey, I've got more snow cones!"
- —The Abominable Snowman's last line, after Sulley passes by him on his sled.
- "All right, newbies, quit goofing around. I'll have you know tampering with the mail is a crime punishable by banishment!"
- —The Abominable Snowman warning Sulley and Mike not to mess with the mail foreshadowing his banishment
The Human World is where monsters working at Monsters, Inc. access through various doors to travel in time to the human's age to collect screams (later laughter) from children to supply Monstropolis with power.
Known locations Boo's Room (from where Boo invades the Monster World) The Himalayas, in Nepal (where the Yeti, and briefly Mike and Sulley, gets banished to) An unnamed boy's room (shown when Mike entertains him to make him laugh) Camp Teamwork Cabin (shown when Mike enters the Human World in Monsters University) Locations shown during the factory chase sequence Hawaii Japan Paris, France Trailer (home to Trailer Son and Mom) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!